Saturday, January 02, 2016

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Today was a pretty relaxing day. My biggest accomplishment was cleaning the oven. It doesn't happen very often and so it was actually pretty nasty. The oven does have a self clean function, but it seems to get so hot, it almost seems a little dangerous so I did it manually.
Besides, it was so bad that I don't think the self clean function probably would not have been sufficient. Anyway after a few coats of oven cleaner and some elbow grease, it came out pretty nice.

I also painted a little on Erin's desk, but didn't last long, It was a little chilly on the porch.



The other cool thing that happened today was that I received my new leaf shredder.
I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday, so it was a nice surprise to see it show up on my front porch early this afternoon. I got to try it out a little and it really does shred the leaves very nicely. I will give it a better test when I have more time, a little more help and warmer weather.

The last and very least thing that I did was some very necessary grading of student work and planning for school next week.

Erin worked about 4 hours today and Amy went to a friends house to watch a movie. The friend happened to be a boy, but it was just a friend thing, so she says. Catherine cleaned out her side of the closet and studied her Sunday School lesson.

The evening was spent with a nice fire in the fireplace, eating frozen pizza for dinner and enjoyed a semi-old movie called "Radio Flyer", starring Frodo, I mean, Elijah Wood. We also spent a few minutes putting up some Christmas decorations.



No comments: